This simple, vegan dessert will leave you kitchen cool and even the non-vegans in your household completely satisfied. We’ve made a few modifications from the original recipe which you can find here.
If you’re looking for a sweet, decadent dessert that doesn’t take a ton of time to prepare, this is for you! It’s simple –only two ingredients for the base and 5 for the filling and just the right amount of sweet. This after dinner treat will give you all of the satisfaction of its dairy filled counterparts, with none of the inflammation or sluggish feelings after.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 cup packed (200 g) pitted dates*
1 cup (120 g) raw walnuts
1 1/2 cups raw cashews, quick-soaked*
1 large lemon, juiced
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp full-fat coconut milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 Tbsp salted natural peanut butter
1/4 cup Fresh or frozen fruit
And here is how to pull it together:
- Add dates to a food processor and blend until small bits remain and it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
- Next add nuts and process into a meal. Then add dates back in and blend until a loose dough forms – it should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers. If it’s too dry, add a few more dates through the spout while processing. If too wet, add more almond or walnut meal.
- Lightly grease a standard, 12 slot muffin tin. To make removing the cheesecakes easier, cut strips of parchment paper and lay them in the slots. This creates little tabs that makes removing them easier to pop out once frozen.
- Next scoop in heaping 1 Tbsp amounts of crust and press with fingers. To pack it down, use a small glass or the back of a spoon to compact it and really press it down. I found the bottom of a glass works well. If it sticks, separate the crust and the glass with a small piece of parchment. Set in freezer to firm up.
- Add all filling ingredients to a blender and mix until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Divide filling evenly among the muffin tins. Tap a few times to release any air bubbles, then cover with plastic wrap and freeze until hard – about 4-6 hours.
- Once set, remove by tugging on the tabs or loosening them with a butter knife. They should pop right out. Our favorite way to devour these was with a little more caramel and a touch of coconut whipped cream. But they’re perfect as is!
- Keep in the freezer for up to 1-2 weeks.
Enjoy and stay #BeautiFitStrong