GUILT-FREE KALE & ARTICHOKE DIP
- 1 ½ c. Finely chopped kale
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 c. Greek yogurt (preferably 2%)
- 1/4 c. Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 3 green Onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 c. Finely chopped red pepper
- 1/2 Carrot, grated
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- Pita chips for serving
- Combine kale, olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Massage kale with your hands to soften the kale and infuse the flavor of the olive oil and lemon juice. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the rest of ingredients in a large bowl or serving vessel. Fold in chopped kale and check for seasoning. Serve with pita chips.
CHOCOLATE-HAZELNUT PROTEIN CHEESECAKE
¾ cup graham crackers
¼ cup coconut oil
2 cups plain, low-fat Greet yogurt
2 cups extra-light cream cheese
½ cup chocolate protein powder
1 tbsp. chocolate-hazelnut spread (low sugar if possible)
2 tbsp. roasted hazelnuts, chopped
Preheat the oven to 355F
Place the crackers in a blender and blend until finely crushed or you can put them in a sandwich bag and hit them with a rolling pin.
Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute, then pour it over the crushed crackers. Stir this together until the crushed crackers are fully coated.
Pour the mixture into an 8inch loose bottomed cake tin and press the mixture down as tightly as you can.
In a separate bowl mix together the yogurt, cream cheese and protein powder. Beat it until smooth (there should be no lumps of powder. Pour mix over the cracker base and level it out.
Bake on a middle shelf for 30 minutes. The top should not color, if it does turn the oven down slightly. You still want the middle of your cheesecake to ‘wobble’ when you take it out of the oven, don’t wait until it is fully set as it will set further once it is chilled.
Remove from the oven and allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature before chilling in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours before removing from the tin.
Finish by spreading on the chocolate-hazelnut spread and sprinkling over the chopped hazelnuts.
CROCKPOT WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 6 hours
- 5 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 3 Cans Great Northern Beans
- 2 Cans (8 oz. each) Diced Green Chilies
- 1 Very large yellow Onion, diced
- 1 T. Garlic, minced
- 2 t. Cumin
- 1 t. Chili Powder
- ¼ t. White Pepper
- 1 T. Coarse Real Salt
- 2 C. Chicken Broth
- 1 C. Regular Milk
- 1 Can (14.5 oz) Diced Tomatoes (optional)
- ¼ C. arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- ½ C. Water
- ⅓ C. Cilantro, chopped
- Place the chicken thighs, beans, chilies, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, pepper, salt, chicken broth, milk and optional tomatoes in a crock pot. Cook on high for 5-6 hours, or until chicken is very tender.
- Remove the chicken and place in a bowl. Lightly shred with a fork.
- Place the arrowroot starch in a small bowl and slowly whisk in the ½ C. water to make a smooth, lump-free mixture. Stir the mixture into the chili in the crock pot.
- Add the chicken back into the chili and stir to distribute. Let cook for another 30 minutes. Soup should thicken up.
- Add the cilantro to the soup just before serving and check the seasonings, adding more salt or pepper if desired. If you want the soup to be a little thinner, add more chicken broth or milk until desired consistency is achieved.
- Top with a squeeze of lime juice.