This is a crockpot recipe so you’ll need a crockpot and a large stainless steel or glass bowl.
- 2 cups steel cut or rolled oats
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups sweet potato puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla flavor
- Cinnamon and spices to taste (I use pumpkin spice to keep it simple)
- Sweetener of choice
- Fill crockpot halfway with water
- Put stainless steel or glass bowl inside crockpot
- Add all ingredients except sweetener in bowl
- Slowcook overnight for 8 hours or low temperature
- Wake up to some wholesome, sweet cinnomony goodness!
Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4-6 medium sweet potatoes, baked
- 1 small head cabbage, shredded (about 5 cups)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup (can sub honey)
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2tblsp tahini
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- ½ cup cilantro, packed
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp water (more if needed to blend)
- ¼ tsp garlic power
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 packs of beyond “beef burgers”
- 1 glove of garlic
- 1 finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tumeric
- 1/4 small onion chopped
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Pierce sweet potatoes several times with a fork. Place on lined baking sheet and bake for about an hour or longer, until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, place slaw ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring to combine. Season to taste with salt. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cook “meat” mixture by sauteing onions garlic and spices with meat in a saucepan.
- Heat a large skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat. Once hot, add meat mixture and water to moisten. Cook for a few minutes, or until heated through.
- Assemble slicing sweet potatoes length-wise and layering taco meat, slaw, crema, and guacamole
- Sprinkle a little paprika on top and Serve!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup millet
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds and ribs removed, minced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium, firm, ripe tomato finely diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Freshly squeezed lime juice, for garnish
- 1 avocado for garnich
Zucchini “Crab” Cakes
Place grated zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt. Set aside for at least 30 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs and spices.
In a small bowl, beat together tofu, mayo, lemon juice, mustard, starch, and parsley.
Scoop zucchini out of the colander and, with your hands, squeeze out as much excess liquid as you can.
Combine drained zucchini, bread crumb mixture and wet mixture and mix well. The batter will be dry, but you should be able to gather a ball of it in your hand without it falling apart.
Divide the batter into eight equal parts; shape into balls and flatten slightly into thick discs.
Heat a generous quarter inch of neutral oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
When oil is hot, fry cakes in batches of four for a couple of minutes per side, or until nicely browned.
Serve hot, with lemon wedges, cocktail sauce and tartar sauce.
For vegan tartar sauce, stir together:
½ c vegan mayonnaise
1 Tbsp sweet pickle relish1 Tbsp fresh parsley, minced
1 Tbsp lemon juice
GUILT-FREE KALE & ARTICHOKE DIP
- 1 ½ c. Finely chopped kale
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 c. Greek yogurt (preferably 2%)
- 1/4 c. Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- 3 green Onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 c. Finely chopped red pepper
- 1/2 Carrot, grated
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- Pita chips for serving
- Combine kale, olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Massage kale with your hands to soften the kale and infuse the flavor of the olive oil and lemon juice. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the rest of ingredients in a large bowl or serving vessel. Fold in chopped kale and check for seasoning. Serve with pita chips.
CHOCOLATE-HAZELNUT PROTEIN CHEESECAKE
¾ cup graham crackers
¼ cup coconut oil
2 cups plain, low-fat Greet yogurt
2 cups extra-light cream cheese
½ cup chocolate protein powder
1 tbsp. chocolate-hazelnut spread (low sugar if possible)
2 tbsp. roasted hazelnuts, chopped
Preheat the oven to 355F
Place the crackers in a blender and blend until finely crushed or you can put them in a sandwich bag and hit them with a rolling pin.
Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 1 minute, then pour it over the crushed crackers. Stir this together until the crushed crackers are fully coated.
Pour the mixture into an 8inch loose bottomed cake tin and press the mixture down as tightly as you can.
In a separate bowl mix together the yogurt, cream cheese and protein powder. Beat it until smooth (there should be no lumps of powder. Pour mix over the cracker base and level it out.
Bake on a middle shelf for 30 minutes. The top should not color, if it does turn the oven down slightly. You still want the middle of your cheesecake to ‘wobble’ when you take it out of the oven, don’t wait until it is fully set as it will set further once it is chilled.
Remove from the oven and allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature before chilling in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours before removing from the tin.
Finish by spreading on the chocolate-hazelnut spread and sprinkling over the chopped hazelnuts.
CROCKPOT WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 6 hours
- 5 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 3 Cans Great Northern Beans
- 2 Cans (8 oz. each) Diced Green Chilies
- 1 Very large yellow Onion, diced
- 1 T. Garlic, minced
- 2 t. Cumin
- 1 t. Chili Powder
- ¼ t. White Pepper
- 1 T. Coarse Real Salt
- 2 C. Chicken Broth
- 1 C. Regular Milk
- 1 Can (14.5 oz) Diced Tomatoes (optional)
- ¼ C. arrowroot starch or cornstarch
- ½ C. Water
- ⅓ C. Cilantro, chopped
- Place the chicken thighs, beans, chilies, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, pepper, salt, chicken broth, milk and optional tomatoes in a crock pot. Cook on high for 5-6 hours, or until chicken is very tender.
- Remove the chicken and place in a bowl. Lightly shred with a fork.
- Place the arrowroot starch in a small bowl and slowly whisk in the ½ C. water to make a smooth, lump-free mixture. Stir the mixture into the chili in the crock pot.
- Add the chicken back into the chili and stir to distribute. Let cook for another 30 minutes. Soup should thicken up.
- Add the cilantro to the soup just before serving and check the seasonings, adding more salt or pepper if desired. If you want the soup to be a little thinner, add more chicken broth or milk until desired consistency is achieved.
- Top with a squeeze of lime juice.